Friday, July 4

Wednesday Mutterings

May 21, 2008

Right now, Adam and I are waiting for a phone call from the store that is (hopefully) at this moment finishing off the engraving I requested for my father's retirement gift. We're waiting because I want to bring it to my dad before work today. My dad retired two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for this gift to be done. I'd tell you all what I got him, but he might read this and that would ruin the surprise :) So yes, waiting waiting waiting.

There isn't often I wish I had kept my driver's license. Pretty much only on really cold days or wet, chilly days. Ok, considering where I live - maybe it is often :). Today is one of those days. It's raining and chilly and blah outside. It's easy to feel "down" and "tired" when it's been raining for weeks on end.

But a driver's license would be great right about now. I have SO MUCH running around to do and I really really really don't want to do it in the rain. I'm feeling lazy and tired. I'm not "down" but I'm not overly happy either. I guess it's a middle of the road, meh, whatever kind of mood today. I'm tired, but not in a sleepy, need a nap kind of way.

I couldn't do my four hours of phone calls on Monday so I'm doing that today. I'm looking forward to taking calls actually. I enjoy helping people and I enjoy talking to people. When I'm leading, it's more difficult to answer questions because I don't get the benefit of hearing how the customer worded their question. When a customer calls in to ask "I'd like to activate a phone", it can be taken many, many ways. It can be a) an activation of a new phone with an existing phone number, b) an activation of a new phone with a new phone number, c) a phone number "move" from one account to another, d) a phone number "move" from a different provider to ours ... the list is endless really. When I'm taking the call, I can probe the customer to find out exactly what it is the customer requires. When I'm answering the agent's question about it, I'm dependent on the agent's interpretation of what the customer wants. Sometimes, it's difficult to know exactly what it is that is needed. So yeah, taking calls for those four hours is an excellent way to "touch base" with customers.

But I love my job as a team coach. I love helping people. There's something really satisfying about showing an agent how to do something and their eyes light up with understanding. You just know that they "get it". And that's my job, to help agents "get it".

Hmmmm, I'm still trying to figure out how to embed video on here. I copy/paste the code from youtube, but it's not working. It makes the page go all screwy. Sheesh! Oh well.

My kids watch Hi 5 everyday. The songs there are quite catchy and I end up singing them throughout the day. This is the one caught in my head these days ... Linky instead of embedding. And here's another song that's trapped in my head ... Another linky instead of embedding

Ok, enough jabbering from me. It's now 11:00am and I don't think I'll be able to get to my parents' house today. The store hasn't called yet. It's still raining.

Ah well, perhaps tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner