Friday, July 4

Loooooooooooong Weekend

June 22, 2008

My youngest is very, um, active. I've been around children my whole life - being the designated babysitter for the neighbourhood - and I've never seen anyone as, um, active as this one is. From the time he gets up until the time he goes to sleep, he's constantly moving, jumping, running, climbing, yelling, moving, destroying. And it's like it's involuntary. I don't think he's able to sit still for more than a second at a time. Even meal times are a whirlwind.

This weekend has been especially, um, active. My patience is running low. I'm praying for patience. I cannot wait until July 10th when we start the process of getting him tested for ADD (or ADHD).

In the meantime, I've changed the children's diets. All this time, I've not pushed my vegetarian tastes on the children and have been letting them eat what the others are eating. But that's going to change. I'm hoping that eliminating preservatives, artificial colours and lowering sugar intake will help.

It has to.

I consider myself to be pretty patient overall, but I'm getting to the end of what I can handle.

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner