Friday, July 4

Day Camp

July 2, 2008

We were up and ready to go. Catching the 7am bus. It was the first day of day camp for the boys. And they were ready. I, on the other hand, had a bit of difficulty with it. See, it was ok when Aaron started school because I still had Adam at home. I could convince myself that I still had a baby.

Now don't get me wrong. I want them to grow up and be "all they can be". But with every milestone, there's a bitter sweet feeling. I'm so proud of every stage they get to. Watching them grow, not only physically but emotionally, spiritually and mentally. But I mourn the little baby that used to nurse at my breast. I did this with my eldest child too. He's 19 now and I still have the proud/melancholy feelings.

Anyway, we were taking the bus and they were chattering away. We rode on the back of the bus so we could feel all the bumps. Then it was a short walk to their day camp. That's where we found out that Aaron and Adam wouldn't be in the same "class". Adam's in "Discovery 1" and Aaron's in "Discovery 2".

OMG! What wonderful classrooms! In Aaron's class, there's a "living room" area with teeny tiny couches and chairs. There's a "kitchen" area with the cutest little fridge and stove. It was so lovely. I went "awwww" before I could stop myself. In Adam's class, there's a sandbox and playdough and loads of cars. The bestest part (according to Adam) was that there were cubby holes to put his shoes. The instructors are so nice and wonderful. I really feel that the boys will have a great time.

I spent my day at work feeling a slight twinge of sadness. I felt my boys were growing up and wouldn't need me anymore. At the same time, I felt such an excitement for this new adventure that they had started today.

When I went to pick them up, I first went to Aaron's room. Aaron looked up and yelled "MOM!" and ran into my arms. I wrapped my arms around him and realised just how silly I was. He's still my baby - no matter how old and grownup he is. Then it was to Adam's room to pick him up. He didn't want to go home, but boy did he look tired. I cuddled him for a few minutes and then we went home.

When we got home, I realised that I locked the door and forgot to bring a key with me to work. SO, I had to break into my own house - with the kids' advice of course.

After such a big day, it's no wonder that the boys went to sleep so quickly and easily.

Yup, day camp is the best idea I've had in a long time. I'm glad that they're going.

*huggles*

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner