Friday, July 4

Short Post

March 17, 2008

I was going to make a post about how much little lies upset me. I was going to go on and on about how those little lies that people tell chip away at the fragile gift of trust. And I was going to end with how those little lies aren't so little. That they are destructive.

But then I started thinking about it some more. I thought "why?". Why should it bother me if someone else wants to 'fib' about something? Chances are they did it so as not to hurt me anyway. And really, what does it all mean anyway? That's right, people - absolutely nothing. Should I be upset about these little lies? No. Because it only gets in the way of what I'm trying to achieve - inner peace.

So here is my post, a quote from the Dalai Lama:

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery. We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger and attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.

Have a great day! :)

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner