Friday, July 4

Another day in paradise

June 30, 2008

Today was another good day. The kids were up early ... like 6am ... and were on the go all day. Since it was raining off and on all day, we spent the majority of the day inside. We cleaned, did some laundry and played cars. We also had an indoor parade (I took tylenol - lots).

I really do enjoy my time with my boys. They make me crazy but they also make me laugh. You can't take things so seriously when in the presence of children. They love me for who I am - their mom. Nothing is expected of me - just to love them back. And I do - so very much. They don't ask for space or tell me I'm crowding them. I am their world and they are mine. They are completely open - not holding back how they feel or what they think. I can feel their love always and I hope they can feel mine for them. Every morning and every night we hug and kiss and tell each other we love them - without fail. When they are hurt, I am hurt. When they are happy, I am happy. My world revolves around them.

Today I was doing my nails. Aaron was watching me paint them as he always does. And as always happens, we have this conversation:

Aaron: Why are you painting your nails?
Me: Because it looks pretty
Aaron: That's blue paint
Me: Yup
Aaron: Can boys paint their nails?
Me: Sure. When you're 18 you can paint your nails if you want
Aaron: No not me
Me: Ok
Aaron: Will you paint your nails red next time?
Me: Mom's not a red nails kinda girl
Aaron: We could go to Walmart and get red paint
Me: Oooorrrr we could go to Walmart and get purple paint
Aaron: Oooorrrr we could go to Walmart and get a toy

They make me laugh they do. :)

Tomorrow is the start of a new routine. I'll be out of the house earlier than usual getting the kids off to daycare and all that. I think that once I get used to the new routine, it'll be a good thing. I'll not be on the internet in the morning, but that's ok. I doubt the internet will notice much. What I'm really looking forward to is the fact that since everyone will be out of the house during the day, it'll be nice and clean when I get home :). How nice it will be to come home to a house that doesn't look like a tornado went through it.

I also start my new shift tomorrow. A half hour earlier start and finish. With a new team and a new supervisor. It'll be an adventure!

It's all good! Have a great day all.

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner