Friday, July 4

Ramblings and stuff

March 31, 2008

Today was a good day. First of all, it was beautiful outside. I took my son to the bus and just basked in all that lovely sunshine. The air was warm and snow was melting. It was just breathtaking. Where I live, I'm surrounded by nature so it was especially beautiful today. It was as if the trees were stretching and waking up. I heard noises in the woods of animals moving around after sleeping all winter long. More birds are coming back and picking out their summer homes. You could feel the energies of the earth surrounding you. Beautiful.

I did all my errands before work. As I was doing my 'running around', I realised that I wasn't running at all. I was making my way, strolling around, getting things done but enjoying every minute of it. I was 'in the moment'. And it was nice. Oh man! Was it nice.

I got to work early enough to organise everything I needed to before my shift started. My shift went well also. There were some escalations that stressed me out a bit, but overall it was a fabulous day. Ok, so was that one that swore at me and I raised my voice - but the next one was a sweetheart.

I had gone to the doctor's last week and was told that I was dehydrated. So, my 'project' is to drink a bottle of water during my shift - full stop. The coolest part about it is that the water is flavoured. Tonight it was pomegranate. It was yummy! I think I could go for this cutting down on coffee thing - as long as it's slowly (really slowly).

Then I came home and relaxed with a bit of cross stitching. That's right - I have a hobby! I've had a few over the years. Hmmm, let's see - there was book binding (real cool), knitting (relaxing), reading (very relaxing), painting (not my thing but cool), and writing (fun). My hobby du jour is cross stitching. It's amazingly relaxing and calming. At the end of the day, I stretch out with my threads, my pattern and my needle and create something.

So yeah, a good day. :)

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner