Friday, July 4

So it turned out pretty good

June 30, 2008

In two days, the kids start day camp. I, personally, cannot wait! I really look forward to the kids interacting with other children their age. I took a look at their schedule and they have loads of trips in store. Lots of parks. Beaches. Theme weeks. Geez! I want to go! :)

This morning, I did a 'dry run'. I took the bus at the time I thought we would need to leave every morning (7am) and got off at the bus stop I figured we would need to get off of. Then I crossed the highway, walked up the big hill, and got to the day care. Then I stayed a few minutes, turned around and walked to work. I made it there with a half hour to spare. That made me very happy. It means a small coffee break before I start work.

It was a little chilly this morning. And it was quiet with little traffic. So the walk went really nice. I had a nice sit down before work, chatting with people. Then work.

I'll be honest, I was worried about how today would go. It's not easy going to a new team. A team where everyone knows each other and have worked together all ready. Where there's a routine already in place. Plus, I had big shoes to fill. The person doing the team lead position for the team is good. She's a good worker and a wonderful person. She always has a smile on her face. In fact, I've nicknamed her "Giggles". So I wasn't sure how it would go. By the end of the day, I felt more secure and very reassured. I think it'll go well. I know the supervisor already and that helps.

Because the team had such good scores, they were rewarded with a "field trip". I opted to stay behind in order to catch up on work that needed to be done. That did a LOT to help. I do not like to be behind on work. I feel rushed and overwhelmed and that just sucks!

All throughout the day, I found myself visiting my old team - saying hi ... answering questions ... touching base :) I do miss them but I'm glad that they're just across the aisle.

After work, I took the boys outside and mowed half the lawn. I'll get the other half tomorrow (maybe). Then I sat and watched the boys play. It was so nice to just watch them play. I felt my entire body relax. Then it was dinner, baths and bed for them.

All in all, a really good day.

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner