Friday, July 4

Today was a great day

March 24, 2008

It all started when the kids slept in until 8am. That in itself is a miracle. Plus, the kids were NOT fighting and NOT whinging. Wow! So far so good. We did the breakfast thing and the cuddle thing. Ok, so the weather was something silly like -28, but we weren't going anywhere anyway.

I started cleaning the house, but got frustrated with it so I sat and relaxed a bit before getting ready for work. The kids helped me get ready for work (by hanging around and asking a bazillion questions).

"Mum, why are you brushing your teeth?"

"Mrpmph mrmpph" (toothbrush in mouth)

"Mum, why are you brushing your hair?"

"So I don't scare people when I go outside"

"Mum, why are you getting dressed?"

"Because they frown on wearing pjs at work."

"When can I go to work?"

"When you're all done with school."

After I finished getting ready, because a song was stuck in my head all day, we danced in the kitchen before I went to work while I sang slightly offkey. Then we all got our coats on and everyone drove me to work. My five year old has this "thing" now (as children tend to do) where he has to open all the car doors for everyone. I think it's incredibly adorable. What can I say, they're ALL adorable :)

Work was wonderful. Everything went so smoothly and nicely. I felt calm and relaxed. It was lovely. I sang that song that was stuck in my head all day. I even got to spend part of my dinner break chatting on the phone. After work, I got a ride home with my brother. And I came home to a clean house and dinner made.

It was a great day!

And the song that was stuck in my head all day? It was "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone.

Birds flyin' high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me ooooooooh
AND I'M FEELING GOOD

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River runnin' free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
And I'm feelin good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what i mean dont you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleepin' peace when day is done that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world and a bold world for me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the crime you know how I feel
Your freedom is mine, and I know how I feel
Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me
(Free styling)
OH I'M FEELING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner