Friday, July 4

Phones, Breaks and Brandy

March 25, 2008

Your phone is very important where I at work. You log into your phones when you start work. You "aux" into breaks and "auto in" when you come back. You log off for lunch and log back in after lunch and you log off when you're done your shift. You "aux" into coaching when you go over your stats with your supervisor or when you are being coached on something. You "aux" training when you - well - do some training. Let's not forget about when you "aux" into preshift when your team has a meeting that is surprisingly NOT pre-shift but actually during it. So yeah, the phone is VERY important - not only for the agents, but for team coaches, supervisors, supervisors of supervisor's, etc.

There's a button called "after call" that you can use to hold off the next call while you're finishing a memo but you're not really supposed to use it because high after call is BAD! There's a hold button (bad!) and a mute button (not so bad). There's a transfer button (cool) and a conference button (way cool).

So yeah, the phone's pretty important.

Time is also important. I get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch - every day. My first break is two hours into my shift, my lunch is two hours after that and my last break is two hours after that. Because we "aux" breaks, my supervisor can track how long we take.

For giggles, we checked how my breaks were. It would seem that I take, on average, 20 minutes total for my breaks instead of 30 minutes. Brandy, my supervisor, being as amazing as she is, looked at me and said that I am to take my full breaks and relax - dammit. Ok, I added that 'dammit' part but she did say 'seriously' which means 'dammit!'. :)

Brandy's a wonderful jewel. She has this amazing ability to be both open and friendly and also professional and serious. She works hard and has fun too. From the first day I went on her team, we meshed. She constantly looks out for everyone. And she kicks me off the floor when it's lunch time. She makes me relax.

How lucky am I!

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner