Friday, August 15

Ramblings and stuff

I have had many hobbies over the years. I've done needlepoint, cross stitching, knitting, written short stories, and bound books (by far a favourite of mine). Now there's a new hobby in town. I've become interested in making jewelry. Not bad for someone who didn't wear jewelry at all until recently. I find it relaxing. Someone mentioned that I enjoy things where I need to focus and are repetitive. I hadn't really realised it until then, but they were right. I feel a sense of peace doing things like this. I remember when I was book binding, I would get into this zone where everything else was blocked out. It was wonderful. I feel like that again doing the jewelry. I hope that with practise, I get better at it. This weekend I'm working on a pair of earrings, a hemp necklace and an anklet that I need to fix. I'm going to SO enjoy my evenings. :)

Here's a picture of a necklace I made (shameless showing off-age):



For those of you that know (and now you ALL know), I've been watching all the episodes of CSI out there - in order of course. I'm currently in season five. I figure that by the time I'm finished with the episodes, it'll be time for the new season of Heroes and House (yay!).

Oh yes! Now that the kids' appointment is one and done, I was able to focus a bit on my own appointment with the doctor. Ok, so it's LONG overdo. My appointment is booked for September 2 in the morning. There! It's scheduled! Happy now?

Ok, that's about all the meandering I'm going to do tonight. Have a great weekend all!!! See you on Tuesday, Nicky! :)

*hugs*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot! A special note to just MOI! yay! I love it! That's awesome! And for sure, we will see each other on Tuesday! I can't wait!!

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner