Thursday, November 27

There be blockage in my writing

I cannot write. Well I can write really but I just don't know WHAT to write about. My head is filled with all these thoughts and emotions that keep swirling and churning. I've sat down with the intention of blogging something - anything! But nothing comes. I sit here for awhile, trying to write. Then I delete it all and turn to more mindless matters like watching TV and going "duh".

So I was in a bit of a block. Then it happened. One of my children came to me and said something completely wonderful. This is kind of how that conversation went. I was changing and ...

Aaron: Mom
Me: That's me
Aaron: I used to drink milk from there (pointing to my breasts)
Me: That's right you did
Aaron: I don't anymore
Me: Well that's because you're a big boy now
Aaron: Big boys drink milk from the fridge now
Me: Uh huh
Aaron: Too bad
Me: Why too bad?
Aaron: It just is ... can I have french toast for breakfast?

So, ladies and gentlemen, my blog post ...

To make the perfect french toast (according to Aaron and Adam) you need the following:

Eggs
Milk
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Bread
Icing sugar

You take three eggs and let your children crack them into a bowl. After you take out the pieces of egg shells, you add a bit of milk. You don't measure - you just pour. Then you throw in some brown sugar. Then you pretend not to see your children putting more brown sugar in. Just a dash of cinnamon. Then you wisk it all together until it's an even mess of brown.

You place a skillet on the stove and melt some butter in it over medium heat.

Take a slice of bread and stick that sucker right into the bowl of brown mess making sure that both sides are covered completely.

At this point, you'll have to tell the children to step away from the stove because it's hot.

Take the soaked bread slice and place it in the skillet. Brown one side and then the other.

Repeat until you have enough to feed the children.

Here's the important part:
Sprinkle just a little bit of icing sugar on the french toast. Then you cut the toast into fingers (six pieces). Put syrup into a small dipping bowl and put in the middle of a plate. Arrange the fingers of toast around the syrup so it looks like a sun.

Enjoy.

Don't forget to put wipes at the table for the inevitable sticky fingers (the real ones ... not the toast)

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner