Saturday, October 25

To the bank I go

Yesterday, I went to the bank in order to cash my HUGE cheque from Pogo. Well I also had a few other banking duties to take care of so it's not like I made a special trip or anything. :)

I walked up to the cashier and handed her two cheques to deposit (one being the Pogo one). She looked at them and realised that the Pogo one was from the United States. Hmmmm, ok. Then she informed me that there was a fee to cash the cheque. I nodded like I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about (I didn't). After all, I didn't want her to think I was a hick who didn't realise such a simple thing (I didn't). THEN she told me that the fee was $7.00! I laughed and told her that I would just frame the cheque and hang it on my wall instead of cashing it. She laughed with me and then started tapping on some keys on her magical keyboard and POOF! the fee disappeared.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why I love my bank. It has that small town feel where they know your name. Heck, they know my grandmother's name. They work WITH you as much as they can. Quite rare and very lovely.

Anyway, I cashed the cheque (with the exchange rate it came up to $6.83) and spent it all on Hallowe'en stickers for the boys.

It was a good day. :)

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner