Monday, September 22

I should have been watching Heroes

So I was watching Heroes tonight. Well, I tried to. I was distracted by the fact the my ever so wonderful cellular company was dicking my account around AGAIN!

They have been messing with my account for months now. Payments that I make that don't post until way late, losing data and texting for no reason and then reinstated with no apology, super long wait times trying to get through to someone, etc etc etc.

This time it was a text message that I received stating that I needed to pay them $61.56 that was overdue. No problem, I thought. I went to my computer and made the payment. Then I called them to let them know that the payment was made. Cos that's what you do.

Well! I'm on the phone with some imbecile in billing who lectures me on the posting times for banks (which I'm well aware of) and that if they don't receive the payment by tomorrow, that services will be cut off. Now keep in mind that my monthly cell bill averages $300 (give or take). I told imbecile customer service person dude that we both know that the payment will not post by tomorrow and perhaps an extension would be a good idea. I know they can do it. I KNOW. Then he tells me that since I've had many extensions in the past few months, that it was 'not an option' for me. NOT AN OPTION?!?

A: I never had an extension placed on the account
B: I have had to call in repeatedly to complain about services
C: He's LYING TO ME

I patiently (as a mother who would talk to a child) explained that if there were extensions on the account, it was because of errors made by them that needed to be fixed. He replied that it was 'not an option' for me. He totally CSRed me.

So, after bantering back and forth, I finally just asked for the contract end date. He told me that I would need to talk to general customer service. I know he could have just pressed the little button and get the pop up box that tells the contracts. But no, he transfers me through.

And I wait ... and wait ... and wait ... by now, I'm pissed! Now, I'm determined to find out the contract end dates.

(Wait, the story's not done yet)

I finally get through to someone in general customer service. After providing all my information (again) I ask for the contract end dates. Keep in mind that I just upgraded my phone, so I know I'm still under contract. But my husband's contract should be darn close to being done (since he's not upgraded his phone since they invented the wheel).

Imagine my surprise when I'm told that BOTH contracts are over in 2011. TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN!!! So now I'm on the phone for an extra 30 minutes trying to work THAT out.

Me: How is it that my husband's contact is extended when he's not upgraded his phone since 2005
Persondude: Ok, let me look into it
(wait for five minutes)
Persondude: Ah ok, it looks like he's not upgraded since 2007 so his contact is over in July 2010.
Me: No. He upgraded in 2005. December 2005
Persondude: Ok, let me look into that for you
(wait for more minutes)
Persondude: Ok, it looks like he must have had an upgrade of some sort in 2007.
Me: Look, please look at his equipment on the account. You'll see that it's from 2005
Persondude: Ok, I'll just put you on hold while I look into that for you
(puts me on mute so I don't talk at all)
Persondude: Ok, I see what happened. The upgrade happened in 2005. December 2005.
Me: Ok?
Persondude: I can put the contract back for you if you want
Me: Yes, yes I want
Persondude (sighing): Ok, that'll take me a few minutes
(I'm SO sorry for putting you out)
Me: Ok that would be great
(hears typing and feels happy that he's at least memoing the account)
Persondude: Ok, the contract is back to it was. The contract end date is December 2008
Me: Excellent. Let's talk about early cancellation fees
Persondude: Can I ask why you're asking?
Me: Because I want to know

Then he tried to convince me that my service provider is the best and has the best customer service.

Anyway, turns out that to cancel it will cost approximately $400. Believe me, it'll be worth it.

Now, I'm going to have to get Heroes and watch it tomorrow.

*watches previous post to cheer up

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner