Monday, September 29

Growing Older and Loving it

We were talking about ages today at work. The reason why we were talking about ages is because three of us are sharing a birthday tomorrow.

I heard all these women talking about how they were "25 and holding" and I thought about how happy I am to be the age I am. The thirties have been the best decade so far. My teens were turbulant to say the least. My twenties were confusing. Now, in my thirties, I'm finally more sure of myself - more confident. I feel more like a woman than I ever have before. After spending so many years trying to make everyone happy, I'm finally taking time to find out what I need to do to make ME happy. I am fully aware of my good qualities and my "could use some growth" qualities. And I accept all these qualities. I've found that I'm not beating myself over the small things anymore. I've found it easier to apologise when I am wrong and realise that it doesn't make me weak. Quite the opposite - it's because I'm stronger. I'm worrying less about what people think about me. I've learned so much about the world around me, and about myself. And there's a whole lifetime ahead of me to learn even more. I'm quite proud of myself for all I've accomplished and I look forward to all the opportunities that come my way.

I am 37 years old, and I've never felt more alive than I do right now.

0 comments:

 

Raven's Cry © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner